Creates an even, flat, honed finish. Designed for professional use.
Work your way through the Honing Powders to create rough or smooth finishes depending on your style. The possibilities are endless.
Features + Benefits
- Creates honed finishes
- Sets up stone for polishing and shinning
- Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches
Where to Use
Natural stone such as marble, limestone, travertine & terrazzo.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
1. If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with KlenzAll™ if needed.
2. Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
3. If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, insure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
4. Apply approximately 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
5. Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130-140 lbs., 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad.
6. Keep compound wet while refinishing with plenty of water. Add Honing Powder as needed.
7. Refinish area until the desired level of hone has been achieved.
8. Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all remaining compound.
9. Clean equipment with water.
Use successively higher grits to close the face of the stone. Follow with Polishing Powder and Shining Powder as applicable.
Available Sizes (and Coverage)
- 180 Grit: 1,000-2,000 sq. ft. per pound.
- 280 Grit: 1,000-2,000 sq. ft. per pound.
- 400 Grit: 1,000-2,000 sq. ft. per pound.
- 600 Grit: 750-1,500 sq. ft. per pound.
- 800 Grit: 750-1,500 sq. ft. per pound.
**Please note that Air shipping will not be availabe with this item.