Heavy Duty Exterior Sealer Best For Concrete, Brick, Pavers, Slate, Grout, Limestone, and Natural Stone
Stonetech Heavy Duty Exterior Sealer formerly made by Dupont is now produced by Laticrete International. The exterior sealer is an outside sealer used as a sandstone sealer, granite sealer, masonry sealer, and more. The sealer can also be used on limestone, granite, grout, sandstone, concrete, brick, pavers, slate, and natural stone. Quart, gallon and 5 gallon bottles are both available.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty protection against water-based stains
- Natural look
- Solvent-based, exterior use
Where to Use
Natural stone such as limestone, granite, slate, flagstone, sandstone & blue stone. Masonry & concrete.
- Product #: D1XXXXXXX
- Packaging Sizes: Quart, Gallon, 5 Gallon, 55 Gallon
- Quart: 50-250 sq. ft.
- Gallon: 200-1,000 sq. ft.
- Part of System: StoneTech®
- Expected Wear: 5-10 year
Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, thoroughly dry and free of waxes and coatings. Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F.
1. Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
2. Liberally apply an even coat with a paint pad, paintbrush, paint roller or solvent-resistant, low-pressure sprayer.
3. Allow to penetrate the surface for 5-15 minutes; denser material may require more time for sealer to penetrate. During this time, distribute excess over entire area to insure even penetration.
4. Thoroughly wipe the entire surface with a clean dry cloth to completely remove all excess sealer from the surface. DO NOT ALLOW SEALER TO DRY ON THE SURFACE.
5. A second coat may be needed for porous, absorbent surfaces and should be applied one hour after initial application as directed in steps 2-3.
6. If sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surfae with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon pad to loosen residue and follow with a clean, white absorbent towel to remove.
7. Do not walk on surface for at least 4-6 hours. Full cure is achieved in 24-72 hours.
8. Clean equipment with mineral spirits.