18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless 3/8" Angle Drill (3.0Ah)
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8” Angle Drill (model XAD01Z) delivers cordless drilling power into tough-to-reach spaces.It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XAD01 features a Makita-built 4-pole motor that delivers 121 in. lbs. of Max Torque, with an all-metal transmission and 0-1,800 RPM’s for a wide range of drilling and driving tasks into steel and wood.
The XAD01 weighs only 4.0 lbs. (with battery) with over one foot of tool extension for extra reach into tough-to-reach spaces. The tool has a 3/8” keyed metal chuck for improved bit gripping power. In addition, the keyed chuck allowed engineers to reduce the size of the angle drill head to a very compact height of 2-5/8”, making it ideal for use in close quarters applications. The soft grip handle and conveniently-located paddle switch are designed for comfortable operation. The built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work surface for more efficient work.
The XAD01 brings cordless drilling power into tough-to-reach spaces. The compact, angled design makes it perfect for assembly, garage door installation, steel framing, woodworking, electrical, and any other job that requires a best-in-class engineered cordless angle drill in close-quarters applications.
- POWER : Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 121 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- CONVENIENCE : 3/8" keyed metal chuck for improved bit gripping power
- COMFORT : Weighs only 4.0 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- CONTROL : Variable speed (0-1,800 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 121 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Variable speed (0-1,800 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- 3/8" keyed metal chuck for improved bit gripping power
- Compact 2-5/8" angle head height for use in close quarters
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12-3/8" long
- Weighs only 4.0 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Large paddle switch and soft grip provide increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Capacity (steel) : 3/8"
- Capacity (wood) : 1"
- No Load Speed (variable speed) : 0 - 1,800 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 121 in.lbs./14N•m
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 12-3/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 4 lbs.
- Handle : Angle
- Power Type : Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushed