Heavy Duty Impregnating Sealer for natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, terrazzo, travertine and sandstone
STONETECH® Impregnator Pro® is a solvent based sealer which preserves the natural look of stone surfaces.
For Professional Use Only
WARNING: Avoid exposure to vapors. Use in a well-ventilated area with an approved respirator device.
For an easier-to-use product with new advanced technology that produces the same results, we recommend Bulletproof Sealer or Heavy Duty Sealer.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy duty protection against most stains
- Preserves natural look of stone
- Solvent-based formula
- Interior and exterior use
Where to Use
Natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, terrazzo, travertine & sandstone. Best suited for the most porous stone surfaces.
- Product #: D149241XX
- Packaging Sizes: Pint, Quart, Gallon, 5 Gallon, 55 Gallon
- Part of System: StoneTech®
Available Sizes (and Coverage)
- Pint: 25-200 sq. ft.
- Quart: 50-400 sq. ft.
- Gallon: 200-1,500 sq. ft.
- Expected Wear: 3-5 years on interior surfaces & 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
Always test in a small, inconspicuous area with 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to applying sealer. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings. Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F.
1. Ensure area is well-ventilated. Use a respirator if unsure that work area is well-ventilated. A NIOSH approved respirator with a combination HEPA/organic vapor cartridge is recommended. Follow respirator manufacturer's instructions for use.
2. Mask off baseboards and adjacent areas to avoid overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
3. Liberally apply an even coat using a paint pad, roller, brush or pump-up garden sprayer. DO NOT USE A POWER SPRAYER.
4. Allow sealer to penetrate surface for 15-30 minutes; denser stone may require more time for sealer to penetrate. During this time, distribute excess over entire area to ensure even penetration.
5. Thoroughly wipe entire surface with dry cloth to remove excess Impregnator Pro™ from surface. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS IMPREGNATOR PRO™ TO DRY ON SURFACE.
6. A second coat may be needed for more porous surfaces and should be applied one hour after initial application, as directed in steps 3-5.
7. If excess sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon scrubbing pad to loosen residue and follow with white absorbent towel to remove.
8. Full cure is achieved after 24-72 hours; foot traffic may begin in 6-8 hours. Cover with red rosin paper, if foot traffic must resume before the recommended time periods have passed.
9. Rags and equipment that are wet with product may be combustible. Clean up promptly after job is complete. Clean equipment with mineral spirits and allow to dry in a well-ventilated area. Allow rags to dry in a well-ventilated area out of the reach of children and pets. When dry, dispose of in accordance with local waste disposal regulations.
Method of Application
DO NOT USE A POWER SPRAYER. Power sprayers increase exposure hazard. Power sprayers also create a significant amount of overspray resulting in wasted product and the need for additional clean-up. A pump-up garden sprayer will reduce the potential for over-exposure to vapors and produce better results.
For small jobs, use a paint pad, roller or brush. Trigger spray bottles are not recommended. Trigger sprayers create overspray and may not give a uniform application. Better results will be obtained using a pad, roller or brush.
For larger jobs, use a pump-up garden sprayer available at your local garden center, hardware store, or home improvement center.
Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry to the touch. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
**Please note that Air shipping will not be available with this item.