The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2” Circular Saw (model XSS01Z, tool only) combines cordless cutting power with less weight in a compact size.
The XSS01Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a 2” maximum cutting capacity – the best in its class – making it ideal for woodworkers and finish carpenters.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XSS01Z features a Makita-built high torque motor that produces 3,700 RPM for faster cutting. The saw has a 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capacity and is engineered with a stainless steel base plate for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XSS01Z weighs only 7.6 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 14-3/8” long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The XSS01Z is also equipped a built-in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as a built-in dust blower to keep the line of cut free of debris. The blade wrench stows away for fast blade changing.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XSS01Z is a light, powerful cordless trim saw ideal for professional woodworkers and finishing carpenters. It’s also great for builders and other pro trades making cuts overhead, in tight spaces, or through light material that does not require a standard size circular saw.
- Makita-built motor delivers 3,700 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- 50° maximum bevel cutting capacity
- Built-in dust blower keeps the line of cut free of debris for more accurate cuts
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- 6-1/2" blade delivers a 2-1/4" cutting capacity for a wide range of cutting applications
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Weighs only 7.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Blade Diameter : 6-1/2"
- Arbor : 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 2-1/4"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°) : 1-9/16"
- No Load Speed : 3,700 RPM
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 13-5/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 7.6 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Handle Type (Circular Saws) : Top handle
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushed