18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless Multi‑Surface Scanner, with Interlocking Storage Case
The 18V LXT® Cordless Multi-Surface Scanner (tool only) quickly locates objects in multiple types of base materials to allow for immediate cutting, drilling or coring.
It is capable of detecting a variety of embedded objects such as metal, wood, plastic, and shielded electrical wire up to 7” deep.
Select different modes to scan dry concrete, wet concrete, wood, drywall, and hollow block. The multi-detection mode allows for scanning in up to three parallel surface positions. This helps detects objects running diagonally.
The large 4” illuminated interface displays center, edge position, and relative width and depth of embedded objects. A laser guide assists with straight travel across the surface and provides a center position of the sensor for increased accuracy. An L.E.D. light illuminates the scan zone for increased visibility in dark areas.
The scanner is designed for use in demanding job sites. A rubberized over-mold, IP-54 rating, and Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) all provide increased durability. XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool. It is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Quickly locates objects in multiple types of base materials to allow for immediate cutting, drilling, or coring for through penetrations
- Capable of detecting a variety embedded objects such as; metals (steel, aluminum, copper), wood, plastic and shielded electrical wire up to 7" deep
- Selectable base material modes allow for increased versatility in dry concrete, wet concrete, wall partitions (wood or drywall) and hollow block
- Simplified user interface displays center, edge position, relative width and depth of embedded objects
- Multi-detection mode allows for scanning in up to three parallel surface positions; ideal for detecting objects running diagonally or detection affirmation
- Laser guide allows for straight travel across scanned surface and provides a center position of sensor for increased accuracy
- LED light illuminates the scan zone allowing for increased visibility in dark areas
- Large 4" illuminated color display for improved clarity of embedded materials
- Rugged construction with rubberized over-mold for increased durability on the job
- Dust and water resistance with IP 54 rating for increased durability
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- 18V LXT® battery delivers the convenience of a rechargeable tool battery; up to 28 hours of continuous run-time
- Auto power-off function automatically shuts the device off for increased run time performance
- Weighs only 3.1 lbs. with 18V LXT® 2.0Ah battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty with 3-day repair on Fastlane Express Service
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Max. Detection Depth (Metal) : 7-1/16"
- Max. Detection Depth (Plastic Pipe) : 4-23/32"
- Max. Detection Depth (Shielded Electric Wire) : 4-23/32"
- Accuracy of Depth to Object : 3/16"
- Localization Accuracy : 3/16"
- Min. Detectable Distance Between Objects : 1-9/16"
- Operating time (hours) : 28
- Auto shut off : Yes
- Debris resistance : IP54 rating (dust & water resistance)
- Net Weight : 3.1 lbs.
- Overall Length : 12"
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®