18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Sub‑Compact Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver‑Drill
The 18V LXT® Sub-Compact Brushless Driver-Drill (XFD15ZB, tool only) is a drilling and driving solution with significantly less weight. The 18V Sub-Compact Driver-Drill offers the size and weight of lower voltage tools, but with the performance, power, and compatibility of 18-Volt.
It has an efficient brushless motor with two speed settings and dual L.E.D. lights to illuminate the work area. At only 5-7/8 in. long, it is a compact drilling and driving solution with superior comfort and handling.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-7/8" long
- Weighs only 2.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Ideal for working in tight spaces
- Mechanical variable 2-speed transmission (0-500 & 0-1,700 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- Engineered with a metal jampot design for increased durability
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Makita-built Brushless Motor delivers 350 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- The brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Convenient 1/2" keyless chuck for fast and easy bit installation and removal
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type : Cordless
- Capacity (steel) : 1/2"
- Capacity (wood) : 1-7/16"
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 500 / 0 - 1,700 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 350 in.lbs./40N•m
- Overall Length : 5-7/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 2.9 lbs.
- Form Factor (LXT) : Sub-Compact
- Motor Type : Brushless