36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 7‑1/2" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw
Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, has combined both areas of expertise in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 7-1/2" Compound Miter Saw (tool only).
It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, but without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. In addition, the efficient BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 5,700 RPM for fast cutting, and the exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque for optimum performance under load.
This innovative cordless miter saw is an ideal cutting solution for room-to-room applications, making it a “must have” for remodelers, flooring contractors, cabinet installers, case and base installers, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries deliver the power and performance of a corded miter saw without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Large dimensional lumber cutting capacity: 2-1/16" x 11-3/4" at 90° and 2-1/16" x 8-3/8" at 45°
- Miters 0-47° left and 0-57° right; bevels 0-45° left and 0-5° right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45° left and right
- 4-Steel Rail Sliding System increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large aluminum base supports large stock for efficient cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Weighs only 28.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for easy portability
- Direct drive gearbox for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Blade Diameter : 7-1/2"
- Arbor : 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 2-1/16" x 11-3/4"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 2-1/16" x 8-3/8"
- No Load Speed : 5,700 RPM
- Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : 25-3/4" x 17" x 17-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 28.9 lbs.
- Stand included : No
- Bench & Stationary Tool Type : Dual slide compound miter saw
- Power Type : Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT) : X2
- Motor Type : Brushless