36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 12" Dual‑Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, AWS® Capable and Laser
Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation and has combined this expertise in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (tool only, batteries and charger sold separately).
It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, but without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. X2 LXT technology delivers increased power, speed, and run time, without the hassles of a cord. Get up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber with two 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately).
The efficient BL™ Brushless Motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer tool life and delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and smoother cutting. The XSL08Z also features Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS® utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XSL08Z is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
The XSL08Z has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4”), crown molding cutting capacity (8” nested), and 15” crosscuts at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft Start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother Start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. Additional features include a built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, dual dust collection ports for excellent dust extraction performance and an electric brake provides added convenience. It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting.
The XSL08Z includes a 12” 60T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade. The thin-kerf design provides smoother cuts with less drag on the motor and minimal material loss. Compared to standard blades the Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade delivers up to 100% faster cutting.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- AWS® capable with Auto-start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 8" crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4" baseboard (vertical), and 15" crosscuts at 90°
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 5-1/2" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Clip-on dust hose nozzle for convenient and secure connection
- Large extension wings adjust easily for increased material support and stability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge levels
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargersold separately)
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Weighs 69.1 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Power Type : Cordless
- Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed : 4,400 RPM
- Blade Diameter : 12"
- Arbor : 1"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 3-5/8" x 15"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 3-5/8" x 10-1/2"
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Laser Guide : Yes
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™) : Capable (transmitter sold separately)
- Stand included : No
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : 35-1/4" x 27-1/4" x 28-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 69.1 lbs.
- Form Factor (LXT) : X2
- Motor Type : Brushless