36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 9" Power Cutter, with AFT®, Electric Brake
The 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 9” Power Cutter Kit has the power to cut through various materials with all the benefits and convenience of cordless operation.
These power cutters have a maximum cutting depth of 3-1/2”, thus can cut through standard residential concrete slab in a single pass. Besides concrete, it has the power to cut through I-beams, steel pipe (3”), rebar (3/4” -#6), metal stud (14” wide) and more.
The benefits of a cordless power cutter over a gas power cutter include no oil/gas mixing, no emissions, no pull starts, no engine maintenance, and lighter weight. This means reduced operator fatigue, instant starts, cost savings, and the ability to use the power cutter indoors, in tight spaces, and high elevations.
An integrated water delivery system continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications. Water flow is controlled with an adjustment knob.
The belt-drive design provides smoother operation with lower vibration. These power cutters have a purpose-built BL™ Brushless Motor, which eliminates carbon brushes and enables the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The brushless motor delivers 6,600 RPM.
Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop. An electric brake stops the wheel in 4 seconds or less allowing for faster re-positioning. And Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Other features of the cordless power cutter include a built-in L.E.D. light, large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes, rubberized front handle for comfort, a lock-off power switch and soft start, integrated overload indicator, L.E.D. battery charge indicator, and protective battery compartment.
These power cutters are the cordless solution for masons, roofers, plumbers, remodelers, construction workers, landscape and hardscape workers, metal fabricators, commercial framers, pipe fitters, vehicle mechanics, firefighters, and more.
The kit includes the power cutter, four 18V LXT 5.0Ah Batteries, a dual-port charger, and a Diamond Blade and Cut-Off Wheel; the tool on its own is also available for purchase.
- POWER : The BL™ Brushless Motor powered by two 18V LXT® batteries eliminate the hassle of engine pull starts
- CAPACITY : Makes single pass cuts up to 3-1/2" in various materials
- CONTROL : AFT® turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- DUST MANAGEMENT : Integrated water delivery continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance
- Eliminates the hassles of gas with lower weight, reduced maintenance, and zero emissions allowing use in indoor environments
- The BL™ Brushless Motor powered by two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries eliminate the hassle of engine pull starts allowing immediate starts-up
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 6,600 RPM
- Integrated water delivery system with water flow adjustment knob continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake stops the wheel in 4 seconds or less allowing for faster re-positioning
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the cutting area for increased visibility
- Makes single pass cuts up to a 3-1/2" depth in various masonry and metal materials
- Integrated overload indicator alerts of excessive battery power draw during heavy loads
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life
- Protective battery compartment helps prevent dust and slurry contamination
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized front handle can be held in multiple positions for increased comfort at various cutting orientations
- Belt-drive design provides smoother operation with lower vibration
- Lock-off power switch requires two actions to start power
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Lower noise at 114 dB(A) and smoother operation for continuous use over longer periods
- Weighs only 13.7 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Integrated battery charge light indicator allows user to monitor battery charge level for each of the two batteries
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed : 6,600 RPM
- Wheel Diameter : 9"
- Max. Cutting Depth : 3-1/2"
- Arbor Size : 7/8"
- Lock-On Switch : No
- Lock-Off Switch : Yes
- Switch Type : Rear trigger switch
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Bind-Up Control : Yes
- Overall Length : 21-3/4"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 13.7 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT) : X2
- Motor Type : Brushless