18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2" Right Angle Drill
The 18V LXT® Brushless ½” Right Angle Drill (XAD05Z, tool only) offers freedom from the cord, with superior cordless drilling speed.
The XAD05Z will take on the most demanding applications like drilling up to 5” holes with hole saws and 2-9/16” holes with self-feed bits.
The XAD05 has a long list of features for drilling with superior speed and efficiency. The brushless motor and two-speed transmission deliver no-load speeds of 0-450 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM. Users also benefit with long run time: the XAD05 will deliver up to 105 1-1/2" holes per charge in 2x SPF lumber using one 18V LXT 5.0Ah Battery and a self-feed bit (sold separately).
Added features include metal gear housing for durability, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and dual L.E.D. lights to illuminate the work area. It includes a side handle which attaches to either side of the tool.
The LXT® System is the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita’s purpose-built motors, battery technology, and enhanced communications work together to deliver maximum performance and efficiency. The LXT System offers cordless tools, equipment, and accessories for every trade.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Look for Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- POWER : Makita-built brushless motor with two speed, variable speed (0-450 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM)
- ERGONOMICS : Compact and lightweight design enables increased maneuverability
- APPLICATIONS : 1/2" keyed chuck can be used with a variety of bits for drilling versatility
- CONVENIENCE : Built-in L.E.D light with pre-glow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- INCLUDES : Tool only (battery and charger not included)
- Makita-built brushless motor with two speed, variable speed (0-450 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM) for maximum efficiency and a wide range of drilling applications
- Weighs only 7.6 lbs. with battery and slim barrel design for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Drills up to 200 7/8" holes in 2X SPF with 5.0Ah battery (battery and bit not included)
- Drills up to 5" holes with hole saws and 2-9/16" holes with self feed bits
- Built-in L.E.D light with pre-glow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use; optional tether can be attached to tool hook
- Includes chuck key with convenient on-tool storage
- Side handle attaches to either side of the tool for convenient right or left handed use
- Compact and ergonomic design at 17-1/8" long
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- Makita-built brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger not included
- Capacity (wood, w/ hole saw) : 5"
- Capacity (wood, w/ ship auger bit) : 1-1/2"
- Capacity (wood, w/ self feed bit) : 2-9/16"
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 450 / 0 - 1,400 RPM
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 17-1/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 7.6 lbs.
- Chuck Size : 1/2"
- Chuck Type : Keyed