36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 1‑1/8" AVT® Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS‑PLUS bits (5.0Ah)
The Makita 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 1-1/8” AVT® Rotary Hammer is a cordless concrete solution that’s loaded with advanced engineering for maximum efficiency.
It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. X2 LXT technology delivers up to 140 ½” x 2-3/8” holes per charge when using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries.
For reduced vibration, it’s equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®). More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. In addition, the vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration. The result is a low vibration rating of only 9m/s², but with no compromise in performance: The efficient brushless motor delivers a full 2.3 ft. lbs. of impact energy, with 250-980 RPM and 0-5,000 BPM.
The torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds, and constant speed control automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs. Additional performance features include a electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, and a retractable tool hook. For added durability in harsh job site conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance. It offers dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant On-Board Dust Extractor Attachment (sold separately).
It is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- PERFORMANCE : X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 140 1/2"x2-3/8" holes per charge using two 18VLXT® 5.0Ah batteries
- DUST MANAGEMENT : Dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant On-Board Dust Extractor
- COMFORT : AVT® is an active internal counterbalance system engineered to reduce vibration
- POWER : Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to maintain speed under load
- INCLUDES : (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries, dual port rapid charger, side handle, depth gauge, grease, cloth and tool bag
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 140 1/2" x 2-3/8" holes per charge using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Powerful BL™ Brushless motor delivers 0-980 RPM, 0-5,000 BPM and 2.3 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant On-Board Dust Extractor Attachment
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an active internal counterbalance system which is engineered to reduce vibration for increased comfort
- Vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration and increase comfort on the job
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Variable speed dial and trigger enables user to match the speed to the application
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle and large 2-finger trigger provide increased comfort on the job
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling) : 1-1/8"
- Optimum Range (concrete drilling) : 3/16" - 5/8"
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling w/ core bit) : 2-1/8"
- Impact Energy (ft.lbs.) : 2.3
- Impact Energy (Joules) : 3.2 J
- Blows Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 5,000 BPM
- No Load Speed (variable speed) : 0 - 980 RPM
- Vibration Control : Yes
- Vibration (m/s²) : 9
- Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 14-3/4"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 10.8 lbs.
- Bit Type : Accepts SDS-PLUS
- Power Type : Cordless
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) : Yes
- Bind-Up Control : No
- Form Factor (LXT) : X2
- Motor Type : Brushless