Dry Treat Intensifia (Stainproof Color Enhancer Sealer)
Intesifia Stone Sealer and Enhancer for protecting, sealing, and enhancer the color on natural stone, countertops, patios, driveways, garages, and kitchens
Stain Proof Color Enhancing Sealer formally known as Intensifia
INTENSIFIA™ is the ultimate combination of enhancer and sealer. Natural stone, masonry, and other hard porous materials will have deep, long lasting color enrichment and premium water and oil-based stain protection. This product is made by Dry Treat/Stainproof which is now owned by ICP.
INTENSIFIA™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including floors, walls, cladding, facades, countertops, patios, driveways, paths, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas. This color enhancer works on a wide variety of porous surfaces, including all types of natural stone, clay and terracotta tiles and pavers, brick, concrete, polished concrete, terrazzo, encaustic tile, terracotta and saltillo.
INTENSIFIA™ is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications and for residential and commercial buildings.
- Deep color enhancement.
- Super oil and water repellence for superior stain protection. ISO 10545-14 Class 5 (best possible resistance to stains), greater than 98% reduction in 24-hour water up-take (Rilem method).
- Longer lasting, even outdoors under UV light. *5 year Performance Warranty when INTENSIFIA™ is applied by an Accredited Applicator.
- Easy to apply. Additional coats can be applied at any time in the future to a cleaned surface.
- Retains surface hardness and wet slip resistance of porous flooring materials.
- Will not flake, yellow, crack, blister or break down in high alkalis and reduces concrete dusting.
- Breathable: water vapor permeates freely, avoiding moisture build-up inside the material; and is backed by a 5-year warranty.
How to Use
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to check results.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of residues.
- Generously apply INTENSIFIA™ using low-pressure hand sprayer, clean brush or lamb's wool applicator. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow for a minimum of 30 minutes for product to penetrate the surface then thoroughly polish off any excess product residue with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar.
- Leave the product to cure for at least 60 minutes, then repeat steps 3 and 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft (2-25 sqm) depending on surface absorption. A third coat may be required for premium stain protection on very porous surfaces.
- Avoid contact with moisture for a minimum of 8 hours after application. Full curing takes 4 weeks.
- Use an organic solvent for e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment.
Notes: INTENSIFIA™ will not prevent etching from acidic liquids, or physical surface wear. The level of enhancement will vary dependent on the type of material being treated. It is advised to test on a sample piece before applying the product to your surface. Eventually, wear and tear and cleaning will affect the enhancement and sealing performance. Reapplication of the product will be needed. Once enhanced, the treated surface cannot be restored back to the original look.
Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft. (2-25 sqm) depending on the porosity of the surface. Refer to the sealer application rates for more information
Advanced Application Guidelines
1. NOTE: INTENSIFIA™ WILL NOT BEGIN TO CURE UNTIL ALL EXCESS PRODUCT RESIDUES ARE THOROUGHLY POLISHED OFF THE SURFACE
Denser surfaces will have lots of excess to remove, and thorough removal is crucial.
2. DO NOT APPLY INTENSIFIA™ TO SURFACES ALREADY TREATED WITH AN IMPREGNATOR because the result can be patchy and uneven.
3. ACHIEVING EVEN COLOR ENHANCEMENT
In rare cases, the enhancement on some very porous materials will turn out patchy and uneven after the initial 2 coats. A light 3rd coat may be necessary. Buffing with a white pad will help push product into the surface and even out the application.
4. TESTING INTENSIFIA™
INTENSIFIA™ will work reasonably well the day after application, but it takes 3 to 4 weeks for all of it to cure inside the treated material. It is important to allow 4 weeks of cure time before performing tests, so the sealer is fully cured and working optimally.
5. Achieving optimum stain repellence
The enhancing effect of INTENSIFIA™ is immediately visible. After 8 to 12 hours of curing the treated surface can get wet and will provide reasonable water and oil repellence, but to reach optimal oil and water repellence the INTENSIFIA™ must cure fully which can take up to 4 weeks.
6. Recommended tools to use to apply INTENSIFIA™
a. INTENSIFIA™ should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb's wool (sheepskin applicator or cloth so the sealer is spread evenly over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces.
b. For rougher, more textured surfaces, use a pump sprayer. Be cautious as spray mists can cause unwanted darker speckles on surfaces of surrounding areas.
7. Make sure to protect surrounding areas with a tarp, plastic, removable painters tape or other suitable material to avoid unwanted application on those areas. In the case of a mistake, immediately use acetone and rub the affected areas to remove the INTENSIFIA™.
8. Applying INTENSIFIA™ on verticalsurfaces
On vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 3-4 light coats of INTENSIFIA™ instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately10 minutes between coats). Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.